Aloo tikki chole recipe with step by step photos. Sharing a very popular north Indian street food recipe today. Aloo tikki chole is a popular notrth Indian street food/ snack perfect for monsoons and winter. Piping hot chole lavishly poured over crisp aloo tikki, garnished with green chuntey, sweet chutney and sev it literally a treat to the taste buds.
Aloo tikki are spicy potato patties or cutlets and chole is the spicy punjabi curry with kabuli chenna. Both aloo tikki and chole are widely used in many north indian street food recipes like aloo tikki burger, samosa chole, chole sandwich etc. This aloo tikki chole is one among the hit combo and it is such a tasty and flavorful Indian chaat recipe.
Usually you can easily make this chole tikki by making some extra portion of chole.The next day, you can just reheat the chole and make potato patties alone to make aloo tikki chole.With some chole masala in hand you can even make chole sandwich, fill in a taco with chole masla instead of rajma or make quick chole pulao too.
To make aloo tikki chole recipe I used my tried and tested aloo tikki recipe and this best chole masala recipe. Just make sure the chole masala is a semi gravy instead of dry. You can refer making green chutney here. If you do now want to add sweet chutney in aloo tikki chole, just leave it out. Other than these, we need regular chaat ingredients like fine sev, onion and cilantro leaves. Once you have all the ingredients ready, it is very easy to assemble aloo tikki chole chaat.
Serve aloo tikki chole as soon as assembled else the patties will turn soggy. Also this chole tikki is best enjoyed piping hot.
aloo tikki chole recipe card below:
- 4-6 aloo tikkis
- 1½ cups punjabi chole
- Green chutney, as needed
- Sweet chutney, as needed
- Finely chopped onions
- Fine sev
- Cilantro leaves, as needed
- Prepare aloo tikkis as explained here.
- Prepare punjabi chole recipe as explained here.
- To make aloo tikki chole:
- Take ½ cup chole in a shallow bowl or plate.
- Place 2 aloo tikkis over it.
- Add some sweet chutney, green chutey.
- Pour more chole masala.
- Top with sev, onions and coriander leaves. Serve aloo tikki chole immediately.
2. Instead of chole you can use white peas gravy or rajma masala too
How to make aloo tikki chole recipe with step by step photos.
1. Prepare aloo tikkis as explained here.
2. Prepare punjabi chole recipe as explained here.
To make aloo tikki chole:
3. Take 1/2 cup chole in a shallow bowl or plate.
4. Place 2 aloo tikkis over it.
5. Add some sweet chutney, green chutey.
6. Pour more chole masala.
7. Top with sev, onions and coriander leaves. Serve aloo tikki chole immediately.