Aloo tikki recipe with step by step photos. Sharing the ever popular aloo tikki recipe on request. Aloo tikki recipe or potato tikki recipe is something I make very often at home. I make aloo tikki for aloo tikki burger, aloo tikki chaat ,ragda pattice etc. We also love to have this tikki piping hot with coffee. Aloo tikki is a very popular Indian street food. I had a reader write to me asking for aloo tikki recipe without bread crumbs. There are many ways to make aloo tikki. I make it in 2-3 methods.
I usually make aloo tikki using bread crumbs coating. Though it tastes very good I always felt it absorbs more oil. So when a reader asked for aloo tikki without bread crumbs I tried making aloo tikki using corn flour. The potato cutlets with corn flour turned out damn good. They were absolutely grease free. You could see it in pictures. Also the oil used for frying aloo tikki remained clean. This is a very easy aloo tikki recipe with very few ingredients. If you have the boiled potatoes ready this aloo tikki can be made in no time.
To make aloo tikki recipe use fresh and new potatoes. Potatoes that are less starchy work well in this aloo tikki recipe. As I said above corn flour is the binding agent here. Instead of corn flour you can besan or even rice flour. Even bread can be mixed with potato and used. If you wish to coat the aloo ti kki, you can use crushed poha or rava. You can deep fry or shallow fry the aloo tikki. I prefer shallow frying. Please note that shallow frying takes more time. You can even grill or bake aloo tikki in oven. Another option is to toast the tikkis with less oil on stove top.
Serve aloo tikki hot with coffee. These aloo tikkis can be sued in aloo tikki butger, aloo tikki chole, aloo tikki chaat etc.
Here is how to make aloo tikki recipe with step by step photos. Try this out!
If you are looking for more cutlet recipes do check bread cutlet, poha cutlet, veg cutlet.
Step by step aloo tikki recipe:
1. Boil,peel and mash the potatoes thoroughly.
2. Add salt,coriander powder,chaat masala powder,chilli powder,cumin powder and grated ginger.
3. Add corn flour and mix well. Mix thoroughly and form a ball. Divide into 10 equal sized balls and pat slightly.
4. Heat oil in a shallow frying pan and slide the shaped tikkis gently.
5. Fry from both sides in medium flame until golden.
6. Serve aloo tikki hot with sauce or green chutney.
Aloo tikki recipe card below:
- 2 large potatoes
- 3 tablespoon corn flour/rice flour
- ½ teaspoon chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon chaat masala powder
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon grated ginger
- 3 tablespoons oil
- Boil,peel and mash the potatoes thoroughly.
- Add salt,coriander powder,chaat masala powder,chilli powder,cumin powder and grated ginger.
- Add corn flour and mix well. Mix thoroughly and form a ball. Divide into 10 equal sized balls and pat slightly.
- Heat oil in a shallow frying pan and slide the shaped tikkis gently.
- Fry from both sides in medium flame until golden.
- Serve aloo tikki hot with sauce or green chutney.
2. You can use finely chopped green chillies instead of chilli powder.