Bhel puri recipe, a very popular chaat/street food that is loved by almost anyone in India :), Bhel puri is not only very delicious,also very healthy low cal snack if prepared in a hygienic way. It is one of those easy chaat recipes that you can whip up in minutes provided you have few ingredients handy :). Bhel puri recipe is very versatile and you can add/leave out ingredients as you prefer. If you want to make it totally light feel free to omit papdi and potatoes,but I prefer bhel puri with papdi anytime:). The only time consuming part in this recipe is preparing papdi and sweet chutney,green chutney you can make in minutes though. You can make papdi and sweet chutney when you have time and make bhel puri in a whim whenever you crave. Do try this easy bhel puri recipe for kids and toddlers,you can easily add veggies like carrot,cucumber,even fruits this way and they won’t even find out :). Do try this easy recipe for bhel puri and do share a pic with me 🙂
You might also like
How to make bhel puri recipe : Step by step recipe for bhel puri
1. Take finely chopped tomatoes,onions and coriander leaves in a mixing bowl.
2. Add the boiled and mashed potatoes,puffed rice and mix well.
3. Add sweet chutney,green chutney,cumin powder,chaat masala powder,lemon juice and rock salt. Mix well.
4. Add crushed papdis,sev at the time of serving and mix well. Serve bhel puri immediately.
- 15 papdis crushed
- 2 cups puffed rice
- 1/2 cup sev
- 2 large potatoes boiled peeled and mashed
- 2 large tomatoes chopped fine
- 1 large onion chopped fine
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons sweet chutney
- 2 tablespoons green chutney
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chaat masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- Rock salt
- 1/2 tablespoon spoon lemon juice
- Take finely chopped tomatoes,onions and coriander leaves in a mixing bowl.
- Add the boiled and mashed potatoes,puffed rice and mix well.
- Add sweet chutney,green chutney,cumin powder,chaat masala powder,lemon juice and rock salt. Mix well.
- Add crushed papdis,sev at the time of serving and mix well. Serve bhel puri immediately.
2. Add salt with caution as there is salt in papdi and chutneys.
3. Serve the bhel puri immediately after adding papdi and sev,else it will turn soggy
4. I used potato sev in this recipe as I didn't have normal sev