Bhindi raita recipe with step by step photos. Sharing easy raita recipes for summer was in my list since last summer.Last week I got few requests for summer raita recipes. I had a reader specifically ask for cooling raita recipes for summer. I am starting raita recipes series with this easy, healthy and tasty bhindi raita recipe. Bhindi raita recipe or okra raita recipe is a very easy to make and comes together in minutes. This is a cooked bhindi raita recipe. Okra pieces or either deep or shallow fried until crisp and then added to spiced yogurt. Bhindi raita is an Indian okra salad with yogurt dressing.
Raita recipes are always a spot on in my home. I make a different raita every single day especially in hot summer months. If you have someone in your home not very fond of curd rice, raita recipes are excellent source of curd in their diet. When served with some flavorful pulao or biryani, raita will be consumed in no time. I make raita recipes like onion raita, cucumber raita, pom raita, tomato raita etc. I also make bhoondi, bhindi raita recipes at times. Bhindi raita is a very delicious one indeed. Crispy bhindi in smooth and mildly spiced curd is a real treat for all bhindi lovers.
To make bhindi raita recipe, use fresh curd that is not sour. Beat the curd very well until it is smooth. What goes in to spice the curd is purely a personal choice. I use cumin powder, chaat masala, pepper powder, rock salt, amchur etc as per choice. You can even use red chili powder, grated ginger etc. The main purpose of making raita recipes is to beat the heat and cool down. So go easy on spice level and keep it minimum for health benefits. As I said above this is a cooked bhindi raita recipe. Here I have sauteed the bhindi pieces in very less oil. You can shallow fry or even deep fry when serving at special occasions. Along with bhindi pieces you can also add some fried curried leaves. It will be very good. Keep the spiced curd and fried bhindi ready . Just at the time of serving, add the fried bhindi to the curd and serve. If prepared ahead of time the raita will turn soggy. This hold good for many raita recipes like bhoondi raita, sev raita etc.
Step by step bhindi raita recipe.
1. Select fresh and tender okras for making bhindi raita. Wash well and pat dry the okras thoroughly. Chop the okras.
2. Heat 2 teaspoon oil in a kadai. Add the chopped okra and saute well. Saute till the okras turn dark and crispy. Set side.
3. Take the yogurt in a mixing bowl. Beat well until very smooth. Add salt, cumin powder and chaat masala powder. Mix well.
4. Add the fried okra at the time of serving. Mix ently. Serve bhindi raita immediately.
Vegans can make bhindi raita recipe with cashew curd or soy curd instead of dairy curd.
Bhindi raita recipe card below:
- 20-25 fresh and tender okra
- 1½ cups fresh curd/ yogurt
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon pepper powder or chili powder
- Chaat masala powder or amchur powder
- 2 teaspoons oil
- Salt or rock salt
- Select fresh and tender okras for making bhindi raita. Wash well and pat dry the okras thoroughly. Chop the okras.
- Heat 2 teaspoon oil in a kadai. Add the chopped okra and saute well. Saute till the okras turn dark and crispy. Set side.
- Take the yogurt in a mixing bowl. Beat well until very smooth. Add salt, cumin powder and chaat masalapowder. Mix well.
- Add the fried okra at the time of serving. Mix ently. Serve bhindi raita immediately.
2. You ca deep or shallow fry the chopped okra if preferred