Bread besan toast recipe with onions and capsicum, sharing an easy veg toast with besan that you can count for a quick breakfast recipe or easy evening snacks with besan. I love to use besan/gram flour in my cooking especially I love to the combination of besan with veggies and onions as it just tastes like onion pakora minus the the oil as I have mentioned here in besanwali simla mirch :). I usually make a lot of savory bread toasts either for breakfast or quick evening snack as they are very easy to make and really satisfying. I also try to sneak in as much veggies as I can in these easy bread recipes as bread is absolutely versatile and you can experiment and add as many flavors as you like in a bread recipe. In this besan toast recipe, I have added very finely chopped onions,capsicum,ginger,green chillies and salt,but this is just one way of making bread besan toast recipe. You can add either the aove mentioned ingredients or you can totally skip the veggies and just add dry spice powders of your choice or just you pepper powder and salt. You can even make veggie bread besan toast recipe by adding very very finely chopped veggies ike carrots,tomatoes,corn etc to the batter. This is a very easy recipe for bread besan toast as all you need is handful of pantry staple ingredients and few bread slices. I highly recommend using sweet bread in such savory toast recipes as the natural sweetness in the bread pairs up just beautifully with the spicy batter. This bread besan toast is an excellent choice for eggless breakfasts as these are quite filling and satisfying. Those very easy to make there are few points to remember when you make bread besan toast. The batter should be absolutely free of lumps,the batter consistency should be of like thick butter milk and should easily coat the slices. You have to quickly dip the bread slice in batter for just 5-6 seconds each side,if you dip for long time the bread slice will turn soggy and break. Do not use ghee for this besan toast, I have tried it with both ghee and oil but oil is the best choice I feel. You can serve these bread besan toast hot either with a sauce or chutney or even plain with tea.
If you are looking for bread toast recipes do check
Step by step bread besan toast recipe
1. Take the measured besan/gram flour in a mixing bowl.
2. Add finely chopped onions,capsicum,green chillies,grated ginger, coriander leaves and salt to it. Mix well and add 1/4 water and mix well.
3. Make a semi thick batter with no lumps at all.
4. Heat a non stick tava and add 2-3 teaspoons oil and spread well.
5. While the oil is heating take a bread slice and dip in the prepared batter quickly from both sides. This is the important step in this bread besan toast recipe.
6. Place the slice in the hot tava and toast from both sides until the bread slice turns golden browm. Repeat the same with all the slices.
7. Serve bread besan toast hot with sauce
Bread besan toast recipe details below:
- 6-7 bread slices
- 1 cup gram flour/besan
- ½ cup finely chopped onions
- ¼ cup finely chopped capsicums
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro leaves
- ½ teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 green chillies,very finely chopped
- ¼ water
- 3 teaspoons oil
- Take gram flour in a mixing bowl.
- Add all the other ingredients except bread,oil and water to it.Mix well.
- Slowly add the water and whisk well to make a thick smooth lump free batter.
- Heat a tava and add oil to it.
- Take a bread slice and dip it in the prepared batter from both sides.
- Toast the batter coated bread on the hot tava from both sides until golden brown.
- Serve besan toast hot with sauce.
2. It is better to use non stick tava for this recipe
3. You can add fienly chopped tomatoes or carrots to this bread besan toast recipe