Bread cutlet recipe with step by step photos. Sharing an easy recipe for bread cutlet with potatoes. This bread cutlet is a easy and filling breakfast or snack that gets ready in 15 minutes. Are you tired of throwing the 2-3 bread that is not enough for a full recipe, bread cutlet recipe is a perfect bet for you,this is a easy to make snack that is very filling and delicious,a very nice finger food for toddlers,this bread cutlet tastes good even after cooling,so you can even pack this as snack for kids, the main ingredients for this bread cutlet recipe are bread,potatoes and sooji/rava for coating.
The crispiness for this bread cutlet comes from sooji/rava coating. Use roasted rava for coating. The other ingredients for this bread cutlet are green chillies,ginger and cilantro leaves but you can also the usual spice powders used for cutlet recipes like garam masala,chaat masala chopped onions in this bread cutlet recipe. .
The binding agent for this cutlet is potatoes. You can even use other vegetables like carrot,peas along with potatoes. Do try this easy bread recipe for breakfast or snack.
What is your favorite recipe with bread,do let us know in the comments!
More easy and healthy cutlet recipes from the blog
Step by step bread cutlet recipe
1. To begin with making bread cutlet, boil, peel and mash the potatoes. Make sure there are no lumps in the potatoes,mash them well while still hot. Dry roast the rava till aroma wafts out.
2. Immerse the bread slices in water for 3-4 seconds and squeeze the water completely. Do not soak the bread slice in water for much time,just a quick soak and squeeze out the water.
3. Take the mashed potatoes and squeezed bread slices in a mixing bowl and add all the other ingredients except oil and rava.
Mix well and make a tight dough. No need to knead,just bring together and form a dough,do not add water.
4. Pinch the dough into 10 equal sized balls and press slightly and shape like a cutlet. Roll the shaped cutlet over roasted rava.
5. Heat oil in a shallow frying pan and fry the shaped cutlets in medium flame till golden brown. Remove excess oil using a kitchen towel. Repeat the same with all the shaped bread cutlets.
6. Serve bread cutlet hot with sauce.
bread cutlet recipe details below:
- 3-4 bread slices
- 2 large potatoes
- 3 tablespoons rava
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed ginger
- 2 green chillies chopped fine
- 2 teaspoons cilantro leaves finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons corn flour
- 3 tablespoons oil
- Boil,peel and mash the potatoes. Dry roast the rava till aroma wafts out.
- Immerse the bread slices in water for 3-4 seconds and squeeze the water completely.
- Take the mashed potatoes and squeezed bread slices in a mixing bowl and add all the other ingredients except oil and rava. Mix well and make a tight dough. Do not add water.
- Pinch the dough into 10 equal sized balls and press slightly and shape like a cutlet.
- Heat oil in a shallow frying pan and fry the shaped cutlets in medium flame till golden brown.
- Serve bread cutlet hot with sauce.
2. Instead of rava you can use crushed cornflakes or poha/aval