Bread sooji toast or bread rava toast can be called as egg less version of savory french toast. I am constantly asked for easy breakfast recipes that kids/toddlers will enjoy and even I being a seeker of the same I am always on look out for such easy breakfast recipes. Kid generally enjoy food that they can hold and eat on their own and it is no secret that they love varieties. Bread is liked by most kids,but the same old sandwich or toast or bread with butter and jam can be boring too,also when wheat or brown bread is served with veggies or any other healthy ingredient they make for a wholesome meal that will keep the kids up and energetic. I saw this rava toast recipe in Podhigai channel few days back and noted down the recipe in my mind to try it out. What I liked the most about this bread sooji toast recipe was that it uses curd,which some kids don’t like. This recipe uses very less amount of rav/sooji,just as binding ingredient. Other than rava and curd,onion and green chillies adds so much to the taste,but when making exclusively for kids,you can skip green chilies and add green or red bell pepper instead. Here I have just used the whisked curd,but you can even use hung curd for a more creamy spread. I have added few more variations in the notes section,be sure to check that :).
Few other filling and delicious sandwich/toast recipes you might like
Veggie cheese toast– Very healthy and cheesy treat for kids
Aloo methi sandwich-Best way to sneak in greens
Veg cheese sandwich– Perfect for breakfast
Chilli cheese toast– Great after school snack
Masala toast sandwich – Iyengar bakery style sandwich
Also be sure to check 10 easy and tasty recipes with bread
How to make bread sooji toast-step by step recipe:
1. Take whisked curd and rava in a bowl. Mix well until smooth.
2.Add finely chopped onions,green chillies,tomatoes to this and mix well.
3.Add salt,pepper powder and mix well.
4.Spread a thin layer of this curd rava mixture on a bread slice.
5.Heat a tava and add few drops of oil and spread well. Place the bread slice with filled side down and toast it on medium flame.
6.Gently flip and toast from the other side too till golden.Serve bread sooji toast hot with sauce or on its own as breakfast/snack.
- 6-8 bread slices
- 3/4 cup thick curd
- 2-3 tablespoons fine rava/sooji
- 1 small onion chopped fine
- 2 green chillies chopped fine
- 1 small tomato chopped fine
- pepper powder
- oil to toast the bread
- Take whisked curd and rava in a bowl. Mix well until smooth.
- Add finely chopped onions,green chillies,tomatoes to this and mix well.
- Add salt,pepper powder and mix well.
- Spread a thin layer of this curd rava mixture on a bread slice.
- Heat a tava and add few drops of oil and spread well. Place the bread slice with filled side down and toast it on medium flame.
- Gently flip and toast from the other side too till golden.Serve bread sooji toast hot with sauce or on its own as breakfast/snack.
2.Instead of green chillies use green bell pepper or just leave it out
3.Try out different seasonings like pizza,Italian for a variation in flavor.
4. Be sure to toast the rava side first to ensure proper cooking.