Butter naan recipe with step by step photos. Today I am sharing an easy method for making feather light butter naan recipe on stove top. I have already shared a recipe for butter naan in the blog but the method I am posting now is different so sharing this as a separate recipe. Butter naan is India’s most popular flat bread that served in all restaurants and dhabas. Butter naan recipe is usually prepared in tandoor (clay oven) in high heat to produce the signature chars here and there. Here I am sharing an easy recipe for butter naan on tava.
I make butter naan at home whenever we are bored of rotis and crave something special. Recently I got a request from few readers asking how to make butter naan on stove top, so here is the recipe for you all.
This butter naan recipe yields feather light naan bread, not at all heavy on tummy. This naan tastes great with any spicy north Indian gravy. I personally love to eat and serve butter naan with paneer butter masala.
You need active dry yeast, milk, yougurt and flour to make this flat bread, once done just brush some soft butter and sprinkle some toasted sesame seeds, there you go with restaurant style butter naan recipe, hygienic, easy and cheap too. It is best to serve butter naan immediately, else stack the naan and cover them loosely with a cotton napkin to retain softness and warmth. You can serve this naan with kadai paneer, chilli paneer, peas masala, palak paneer, dum aloo, methi matar paneer.
Here is how to make butter naan recipe on stove top, do try out!
Butter naan recipe with step by step photos.
1. Take 1/3 cup luke warm water in a bowl. Sprinkle 1/2 tablespoon active dry yeast over the water. Add sugar and keep the bowl undisturbed for 10 minutes. The yeast will become active and turn frothy.
2. Take 1 1/2 cup maida /all purpose flour in a big mixing bowl. Add the yeast mixture,milk, curd and whisk well.
3. Add salt and mix well. Add water little by little and knead to a soft dough. The dough will little bit sticky. You can add flour to make kneading easy. Let the dough rest for 1.5 hours till the volume doubles up.
4. Divide the raised dough into 7-8 equal sized portions. Flatten a portion and roll into a tear shaped naan. Brush one side of the naan with some water.
5. Heat a tava with handle. place the naan on the tava, the watered side should touch the tava. cook for just 10 seconds.
6. Now remove the tava from flame and turn the tava upide down so that the other side of the naan is directly cooked on flame.
7. Apply some melted butter on both sides and spread some esame seeds. Press gently with spatula. Prepare all the butter naan same way.
8. If not serving immediately, stack the naans and cover loosely with a towel.
9. Serve butter naan with any spicy gravy of your choice.
Butter naan recipe card below:
- 1 1/2 cups maida/all purpose flour + more for dusting
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1 tablespoon curd
- 1/2 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/3 cup luke warm water
- soft or melted butter for brushing on naan
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Sprinkle yeast over 1/3 cup warm water. Add sugar and let the yeast to activate for 10 minutes.
- Take flour in a mixing bowl and add yeast mixture,milk,curd and salt. Mix well
- Add water little by little and knead to a soft dough
- Let the dough rest for 1.5 hours till it doubles in volume.
- Divide the dough into 7 equal portions.
- Roll a portion into a tear shaped naan, about 1/2 inch thick and brush with little water on one side.
- Heat a tava with handle and place the rolled naan, watered side down.
- Cook for 10 seconds, invert the tava and cook the other side directly on flame till chars appear.
- Brush with some melted butter and sprinkle sesame seeds. Serve butter naan hot with any spicy gravy.
2.Instead of sesame seeds you can add nigella seeds too.
3.You can cook butter naan on tava itself instead of cooking on flame.