Easy carrot halwa recipe with condensed milk for Tamil new year :). I wish all my dear readers a very happy,healthy and prosperous Tamil new year 🙂 🙂 I had prepared this easy carrot halwa recipe with condensed milk sometime back and thought it would be appropriate to blog the recipe now. Traditionally carrot halwa recipe calls for slow cooking the grated carrot in milk until it gets completely cooked and then it is further simmered after adding sugar and ghee, it is a very delicious and rich Indian dessert recipe, here we are using sweetened condensed milk to make easy carrot halwa recipe. I have however used some milk in this halwa but you can totally skip it too. I have used sweet delhi carrots also known as halwa carrots so got a nice deep colored carrot halwa, I highly recommend you using delhi carrots for carrot halwa recipe bit if you do not get it you can make t with normal carrots too,just increase the amount of sweetened condensed milk by 2-3 tablespoons. I used about 2 1/2 cups tightly packed grated carrots and 1/4 can sweetened condensed milk (I used amul mithai mate). I have used minimum amount of ghee here and you can see that from the texture of halwa :), if you prefer you can surely increase the amount of ghee for more glossy smooth ghee dripping halwa 🙂 :). I would say this the easy and best recipe for carrot halwa if you are in short of time and still want to make a rich Indian dessert, you can easily double this recipe,only the cooking time will increase. To speed up the process you can even pressure cook the carrots until completely cooked and then simmer with sweetened condensed milk. Do try this easy carrot halwa recipe with condensed milk, a very easy Indian dessert recipe similar to kalakandh in 10 minutes, easy milk peda, bread kulfi with condensd milk and share your feedback along with pic to me 🙂
If you are looking for more easy carrot recipes do check
Few important points before we start the step by step carrot halwa recipe with condensed milk.
1. I have peeled the carrot before grating and then I measured.
2. Never grind or use afood processor for any carrot halwa recipe, as that will completely spoil the grainy texture which is the specialty of carrot halwa.
3. if you are pressure cooking,it is better to saute the carrots in little ghee directly in pressure cooker and then cook.
Step by step easy carrot halwa with condensed milk recipe.
1. Wash,peel and grate the carrots. Measure 2 1/2 cups and set aside.
2. heat a heavy kadai/non stick kadai and add 3 tablespoons ghee to it. Once the ghee is hot add the chopped cashews,almonds and raisins and fry well. Remove them and set aside. Let the ghee remain in the pan.
3. in the same pan add the grated carrots and saute well for 3-4 minutes.
4. Add 1/4 cup milk and cook the carrots for 5-7 minutes.
5. Add the sweetened condensed milk and mix well.
6. Mix well,keep stirring and cook till the carrot is completely cooked and comes together and dries,it may take anywhere around 10-12 minutes
7. Add cardamom powder,crushed saffron and fried nuts. Mix well,remove from flame and serve carrot halwa hot or even you can serve it chilled.
Carrot halwa recipe with condensed milk details below:
- 2 1/2 cups grated carrots
- 1/4 can or 100 grams sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup milk boiled
- 1/4 cup broken cashew almond and raisiins.
- 3 tablespoons ghee
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- Few saffron strands
- Wash peel and grate the carrots.
- Heat a thick pan and add ghee to it. Add the nuts and raisins to the ghee and fry till they turn golden. Remove the nuts from the pan and let the ghee remain in the pan itself.
- Now add the grated carrots to the ghee and saute for few minutes.
- Add boiled milk and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Add the condensed milk and stir very well.
- Cook in low flame for 10-12 minutes until all the condensed milk dries up.
- Add the nuts,mix well and serve carrot halwa hot or chilled
2. You can add grated nutmeg along with cardamom
Carrot halwa recipe with condensed milk, a very quick and easy recipe with step wise pictures for making carrot halwa,traditional Indian dessert in 15 minutes!