Crispy chilli baby corn recipe with stepwise photos, today I am sharing an easy starter recipe from many popular indo chinese recipes. I have been getting requests for easy baby corn recipes, no wonder baby corn is loved by most for its crunchy texture and slight sweet and nutty taste. It lends itself very well in many indo chinese recipes, you can find many popular recipes from chinese cuisine featuring baby corn like baby corn dry manchurian,baby corn fried rice etc. This crispy chilli baby corn recipe is also a very popular chinese recipe with very few ingredients yet very tasty and flavorful. All you need to make this chilli baby corn recipe are few tender baby corns and basic pantry staples.
This is a very easy recipe for crispy chilli baby corn, usually these kind of starter recipes call for deep frying but you know me well I always opt for shallow frying whenever I can and here also I have shallow fried the baby corn in this easy bay corn recipe. The main ingredient for crispness in this recipe is corn flour. You have to use 3/4th amount of corn flour and 1/4th amount of all purpose flour/maida for crispy baby corns. One more thing to note is you can make the sauce/masala ahead,fry the baby corns and mix it just before serving,this makes the easy,perfect chilli baby corn recipe 🙂
Here I have par boiled the baby corns for just 2-3 minutes,if you cook for more time the baby corn will loose their crunchiness. The other ingredients that go into the making of this easy baby corn recipe are the usual fare, ginger,garlic,soy sauce,salt,pepper and sugar. Do try this simple crispy chilli baby corn fry recipe and tell me how you liked it.
Step by step crispy chilli baby corn recipe:
1. Peel and chop the baby corn into 1 inch pieces.
2. Bring plenty of water in a vessel and par boil the cut baby corns for 3-4 minutes. Drain and wipe gently with a kitchen towel.
3. Take maida,corn flour,pepper powder and salt in a mixing bowl. Add baby corn pieces and mi well. Add just 1-2 tablespoons water for binding.
4. Heat oil in a shallow frying pan and shallow fry the batter coated baby corns till golden brown. Drain and set aside.
5. In the same pan retain 2-3 teaspoons oil. Saute ginger and garlic till nice aroma wafts out. Add green chillies and saute.
6. Add chopped spring onion whites and saute for 3-4 minutes.
7.Add the cubed bell peppers and saute for 3-4 minutes.
8. Add soy sauce,sugar,pepper powder and mix well . Cook in high flame for 2-3 minutes.
9. Add fried baby corns,toss well and serve crispy chilli baby corn hot immediately.
crispy chilli baby corn recipe details below:
- For crispy baby corns:
- 10-12 baby corns
- ¾ cup corn flour
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon pepper powder
- 1-2 tablespoons water
- Oil for shallow frying
- For the sauce
- 1 medium green bell pepper,cubed
- ¼ cup spring onion whites,finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon grated ginger-garlic
- 2 green chillies slit
- ½ teaspoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon pepper powder
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- spring onion greens for garnishing
- 2-3 teaspoons oil
- For crispy baby corns
- Peel and chop the baby corns into 1 inch pieces.
- Par boil the chopped baby corns for 3-4 minutes.
- Drain and wipe gently with a kitchen towel.
- Heat oil for shallow frying.
- Take both the flours,salt and pepper in a mixing bowl. Mix well and add the cut baby corns.
- Shallow fry the batter coated baby corns in hot oil until golden brown. Drain and set aside till we make the sauce.
- For the sauce:
- In the same pan remove excess oil retaining 2-3 teaspoons of oil
- Add the crushed ginger garlic and saute for 3-4 minutes
- Add the spring onion whites and saute for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the cubed bell pepper and saute well in high flame for 3-4 minutes.
- Add soy sauce,salt,sugar,pepper powder and mix well.Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the fried baby corns and toss well.
- Garnish with spring onion greens .
- Serve crispy chilli baby corn immediately.
2. You can deep fry the baby corns too.
3. You can use rice flour instead of corn flour.