Date cookies recipe with step by step photos. Sharing an absolutely healthy yet delicious cookie recipe with whole wheat flour, dates and walnuts. A cookie that you can bite in at any time of the day without any guilt. I love cookies that are not loaded with sugar, cookies made of whole wheat or any healthier grain and if there is more goodness from dry fruits or nuts, then it is an added bonus. This date cookies recipe fits the bill perfectly, these are made of whole wheat, not loaded with sugar, have very healthy ingredients like dates and walnuts. keeping the health factor aside, these date cookies are downright delicious, a perfect finger food for toddlers and kids. They can eat this a mid day snack or dunk in a glass of milk for a healthy breakfast.
To make date cookies, I referred this recipe, just halved the quantity of ingredients and they were perfect! The source recipe calls for self raising flour, I used whole wheat flour + 1 teaspoon baking powder,1/2 teaspoon baking soda. Given to their natural sweetness, I love to add dates in my sweets and dessert recipes like eggless date cake, khajur rolls, date and nut ladoos, oats ladoo
In this date cookies recipe, walnuts are added a for nice crunch, you can replace walnuts with almonds or use a combination of both almonds and walnuts. These date cookies are chunky, chewy and dense. One or two goes long way and keeps you full. The dough for this date cookies recipe should not be kneaded very well, just bring all the ingredients together and form a loose dough. please refer the photo in the step by step photo recipe given below.
These date cookies keep well for around a week at room temperature, keep it closed in an airtight box. These make all excellent snack to pack in the toddlers and kids tiffin too.
Here is an easy recipe for eggless date cookies recipe, do try out and indulge!
Date cookies recipe with step by step photos.
1. Melt butter in a pan and remove to a mixing bowl. Add sugar and mix well.
2. Sift wheat flour, baking powder and baking soda. Add the dry ingredients to the melted butter.
3. Add chopped date, chopped walnuts.
4. Mix everything together and incorporate well.
5. Preheat oven to 180C. Divide the dough into 15-18 equal sized portions. Take a portion and tighten with your hand and form a ball. Press slightly and shape like a cookie. Place in a greased cookie tray. Repeat the same with the remaining dough.
6. Bake the shaped cookies in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes. Serve date cookies warm or at room temperature.
Vegan option: Use vegan butter instead of dairy butter
Date cookies recipe card below:
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 125 grams butter,melted
- ½ cup dates, chopped
- ½ cup walnut,chopped
- ½ cup sugar(fine variety)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Melt butter and take in a mixing bowl.
- Add sugar to melted butter and mix well.
- Sift wheat flour along with baking powder and soda.
- Add to the butter mixture.
- Add chopped dates and walnuts.
- Mix well and incorporate all the ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Divide the cookie dough into15-18 portions. Shape each portion into a cookie.
- Arrange the shaped cookies in the baking tray and bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Serve date cookies or store airtight after cooling.
2. You can use almonds in place of walnuts.