Eggless french toast recipe with step by step photos. today I am sharing an easy breakfast recipe with bread and custard powder. Eggless french toast recipe is a perfect breakfast for toddlers and kids. This recipe for eggless french toast comes from my aunt and it is a tried and tested family recipe.
Bread toasts are family favorite and I often make variety of toasts for breakfast or quick snack. This eggless french toast recipe is a childhood favorite that my aunts have prepared innumerable times for us,only thing is we did not know what we ate can also be called as eggless french toast . During those days custard powder was something exotic and gourmet for us and anything prepared with custard powder will eaten be without any fuss . Be it fruit salad with custard or nuts with custard, this simple toast with custard or when we were in for a treat there was a very tempting biscuit pudding with custard powder,yum). One day when I was telling friend about this delicious toast,she asked for the recipe and once she made she told this tastes exactly like french toast,I am taking her words as I have never eaten a french toast . She also added she often makes this when thinks what to make for breakfast without eggs and by now 3-4 more friends have also tried this eggless french toast recipe and vouched for the same. I told my aunt that her simple recipe has now become very popular and I am going to blog about it 🙂
To make eggless french toast recipe, all you need apart from bread is just sugar,milk and custard powder. You can use vanilla flavored custard powder or use vanilla essence for flavor. You can serve eggless french toast for breakfast topped with nuts,fresh fruits and milk.
Here is how to make eggless french toast recipe with step by step photos.
Few more easy bread toast recipes you might like
Step by step eggless french toast recipe
1. To begin with making eggless french toast recipe,boil and cool the milk. Take the milk in a mixing bowl and add sugar and custard powder. Mix well without any lumps. The batter should be of thick butter milk consistency.
2. Heat a tava and add some butter. While the tava is getting heated,take the bread slices and quickly dip in custard mixture from both sides.
3. Place the slice carefully in the hot tava and toast from both sides until golden. Maintain medium flame.
4. Serve egg less french toast topped with nuts,cinnamon powder and a dash of sugar.
Eggless french toast recipe card below
- 6-7 bread slices
- ¾ cup milk,boiled and cooled
- 2 tablespoons butter,softened
- 2½ tablespoons custard powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar (adjust)
- 3 teaspoon slivered nuts
- A pinch of cinnamon powder
- Boil and cool the milk. Take the milk in a mixing bowl and add sugar and custard powder. Mix well without any lumps. The batter should be of thick butter milk consistency.
- Heat a tava and add some butter. While the tava is getting heated,take the bread slices and quickly dip in custard mixture from both sides.
- Place the slice carefully in the hot tava and toast from both sides until golden. Maintain medium flame.
- Serve egg less french toast topped with nuts,cinnamon powder and a dash of sugar.
2. You can top this toast with fresh apples and strawberries.
3. You can also add any few fruit puree (just 2-3 teaspoons).
4. You can use honey as topping or instead of sugar in the custard mixture.