Iced apple tea recipe with fresh apple juice and cinnamon, a true winner among refreshing summer drink recipes. I recently made this perfect iced tea recipe with apple and loved it to the core. As summers approaching fast we are always on the look out for cooling summer drinks to keep us hydrated and fresh. Ice tea recipes are always a hit at home and I often make iced lemon tea or iced ginger tea. My go to recipe for iced tea is to add fresh lemon juice and a dash of spices to the freshly brewed tea along with loads of ice cubes, but when I came to know about Turkish apple iced tea recipe I really wanted to try making it at home. I referred few recipes and all the recipes called for apple chunks but I did not want to use apple cubes in my tea,so I just made this with fresh apple juice and it was such a bliss to have it on a hot afternoon. These days we have reduced the intake of coffee so much and we prefer healthy summer drinks like this apple tea, strawberry pom lemonade, aam panna ,kiwi lemonade etc.
The ingredients that go into the making of this iced apple tea recipe are fairly simple and pantry staple in most of the homes. Here I have used normal tea powder,you can use tea bags or even better if you have loose tea leaves,the taste and flavor will be even better. You can brew the tea according to your preference,if you like the string tea flavor use 3 teaspoons of tea,if you want the apple flavor to be more then use 2 teaspoons tea powder for 3 cups. The same goes with cinnamon also, you can leave out cinnamon if you don’t like. Here I have used sugar in this recipe, you can add honey or any other sweetener too. Homemade iced teas are the best summer drinks you could make,once you try a homemade iced tea recipe you will never go back for store bought ones, so healthy,so fresh and delicious 🙂 Just make sure you have ice cubes handy. Do try this easy recipe for iced apple tea and keep yourself cool. What is your favorite iced tea recipes,share in the comments for us to try 🙂
More summer drink recipes you might like
Here is how to make ice apple tea recipe at home
- 1 large apple
- 2-3 teaspoons tea powder OR 2 teabags
- 3-4 teaspoons sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 2 cloves
- ¾ cup water
- Ice cubes
- Peel,core and chop the apple roughly. Extract the juice by either blending with little water or using a juicer. Add few drops of lemon juice and refrigerate until serving.
- Heat a small sauce pan with ¾ cup water and cloves. Once the water starts to boil add the tea powder and simmer for 3-4 minutes. Strain the brewed tea and allow it to cool for sometime.
- Mix the prepared apple juice,cinnamon powder and sugar to the brewed tea and mix well.
- Serve iced apple tea topped with ice cubes.
2. Do not keep the brewed tea for long as it is not advisable,just allow it to cool for 10 minutes. You can add cold apple juice and ice cubes to make the drink cold instead.