Lemon pasta recipe, sharing an easy breakfast idea for toddlers and kids again with pasta. Pasta is loved by all and it is also easy to cook a pasta recipe when you want to make something quick and delicious. I occasionally make pasta for dinner and I change the taste and flavor to create new recipes. Lemon pasta recipe is one such recipe of mine,I made this lemon pasta in the same lines of lemon rice.
Vibrant,very summery,quick and quite appetizing,this is how I would lemon pasta recipe. Lemon pasta is my take on macaroni with Indian seasoning along with the hint of lemon. After this pasta with Indian spices,I have become more confident in experimenting different flavors in pasta.Even with this macaroni in hand I was thinking to mac and cheese at first but then decided to try this simple lemon pasta recipe .We make lemon poha,lemon semiya and why not lemon pasta right :). Once I decided to try this I searched the net to see if there were any similar recipe and all I could find was pasta with lemon sauce,looks like one classic dish which I may try later. But this lemon pasta recipe is nothing similar to those classic recipes, all you need to make this lemon pasta are very simple and day to day ingredients .
You can use any kind of tiny pasta for this lemon pasta recipe. This dish tastes good even after cooling, so this is a great lunch ideas for toddlers and kids.
Lemon pasta recipe details below:
- 1 1/4 cup elbow macaroni
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon channa dal
- 10-12 broken cashew nuts
- 2-3 green chillies
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon asafoetida
- 1 teaspoon urad dal
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 10-12 curry leaves
- Oil to temper
- Cook pasta in boiling water along with salt.Drain,rinse in cold running water and set aside.
- In a kadai,add 2-3 teaspoons oil and temper with mustard,urad dal and asafoetida.
- Add green chillies,curry leaves and saute well.Next add channa dal and cashew nuts,saute till golden.
- Add the cooked pasta,turmeric powder and mix well.Adjust salt and saute for 2 minutes.Remove from flame,dd lemon juice,mix well and serve hot.
2.Use penne or rotini instead of macaroni if needed.