Mango mastani recipe with step by step photos. Learn how to make mango mastani, a very popular dessert drink from Pune, India with this easy recipe today.
Mango mastani recipe was in my list last year itself. Somehow I could not post all the mango recipes as I planned last year and this year I have made a few to share with you all. Mango mastani is a thick dessert drink from Pune. Mastani drinks are quite popular there and mango mastani tops the list. I have tasted mango mastani few times and liked it very much. I love mango and all milk based drinks so no wonder 🙂 It is said that the name mastani for this milkshake is after the queen Mastani.
mango mastani is basically a very thick mango milkshake topped with ice cream, fresh mango cubes, glazed cherries and nuts. You can use any ice cream fruits and nuts of your choice. Here I have used alphonso mangoes, homemade vanilla ice cream, chopped pistachios and almonds to make mango mastani recipe
If you like mangoes you gotta try this mango mastani 🙂 Serve mango mastani super cold and enjoy 🙂
Step by step mango mastani recipe
1. Blend peeled and roughly chopped mangoes with 1 cup milk and 1/4 cup sugar. Chill until serving
2. To make mango mastani, take a serving glass and fill with prepared milkshake up to 3/4 th of the glass.
3. Top with ice cream scoops, glazed cherries, finely chopped mangoes and sliced pistachios and almonds.
Mango mastani recipe card below:
- 2 large mangoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1½ cups milk, boiled and cooled
- ¼ cup sugar (adjust)
- ¼ cup very finely chopped mangoes
- 2 tablespoons sliced nuts
- Glazed cherries
- 2 scoops ice cream
- Blend peeled and roughly chopped mangoes with 1 cup milk and ¼ cup sugar. Chill until serving
- To make mango mastani, take a serving glass and fill with prepared milkshake up to ¾ th of the glass.
- Top with ice cream scoops, glazed cherries, finely chopped mangoes and sliced pistachios and almonds.
2. You can use any fresh fruit like apple or banana to top the mastani