Methi paneer recipe with step by step photos. Methi paneer is a very easy and quick one among paneer recipes. There are many versions in methi paneer recipe. Today I am sharing a a very easy methi paneer recipe home style. Methi leaves are very healthy and rich in nutrients. Methi leaves have cooling properties and so are methi seeds. It is good to use methi seeds and methi leaves in our diet during summer. I love to cook with tender methi leaves and regularly use it in various recipes. Methi leaves have a slight bitter taste which few people may dislike. Mixing methi leaves with paneer or potato makes it more tasty and the whole dish becomes very flavorful. Even toddlers and kids will love this methi paneer recipe. Paneer recipes are always hit with toddlers and kids and this methi paneer is one more healthy addition to the list.
As I said above this methi paneer recipe is a very easy one. No grind and no fancy ingredients. This is a not a rich and creamy methi paneer recipe, rather a very rustic one with full flavor of methi leaves. The recipe cannot be more simple. It is just a quick sauteing of all the ingredients with basic spice powders. Though a very simple dish this methi paneer is high on taste and flavor. Adding tender methi leaves makes this dish less bitter and more flavorful
To make methi paneer recipe it is best to use homemade paneer. If using store bought paneer, keep the cubes in hot water until use. The spice powders used in methi paneer recipe are regular ones like coriander powder and garam masala . This is a dry methi paneer recipe. You can make it even gravy if you wish.
Serve methi paneer with pulao or rotis.
Here is how to make methi paneer recipe with step by step photos.
Step by step methi paneer recipe.
1. Pluck and wash the methi leaves thoroughly. If using tender leaves no need to chop.
2. heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and temper. Add crushed ginger garlic and fry well. Add green chilies and saute well.
3. Add chopped onions and fry till color changes slightly.
4. Add chopped tomatoes and saute well. Cook till tomatoes turn mushy.
5. Add washed and drained methi leaves.
6. Saute well for few minutes.
7. Add spice powders and mix well. Season with salt.
8. Saute and cook till methi leaves are cooked well.
9. Add the methi cubes and toss well.
10. Simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from flame. Add lemon juice and mi well. Serve methi paneer hot.
Vegans can use tofu cubes instead of dairy paneer.
methi paneer recipe card below:
- 2 cups methi leaves, tightly packed
- 200 grams paneer, cubed
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon garam masala powder
- 2 green chilies
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger garlic
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1-2 tablespoon oil
- Pluck and wash the methi leaves thoroughly. If using tender leaves no need to chop.
- heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and temper. Add crushed ginger garlic and fry well. Add green chilies and saute well.
- Add chopped onions and fry till color changes slightly.
- Add chopped tomatoes and saute well. Cook till tomatoes turn mushy.
- Add washed and drained methi leaves.
- Saute well for few minutes.
- Add spice powders and mi well. Season with salt.
- Saute and cook till methi leaves are cooked well.
- Add the methi cubes and toss well.
- Simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from flame. Add lemon juice and mi well. Serve methi paneer hot.
2. You can use whole spices instead of garam masala