Motichoor ladoo recipe with step by step photos. Super easy to make melt in mouth motichoor ladoo recipe for Diwali 2017. I made these super delicious motichur laddu yesterday and sharing the easy recipe here. You can add this motichoor ladoo recipe along with other ladoo recipes like besan ladoo, rava ladoo, coconut ladoo, paan ladoo for diwali 2017.
Motichoor ladoo is a variety of boondi ladoo. Moti means pearls in hindi. Mootichoor ladoo is made of very tiny boondis compared to regular boondi ladoo. Basically there are two types of boondi ladoos made with gram flour. This motichoor ladoo is a very soft and melt in mouth ladoo with rose flavor. The other one is boondi ladoo popular in south india. It is a bit hard and crispy. Motichoor ladoo is very popular in north Indian mithai shops. Boondi ladoo is a must in Tamil weddings and festivals like Diwali.
Making motichoor ladoo is easy if you have some time in hand. The process of moichur laddu is very simple yet time consuming. We need to make really tiny boondis for this sweet. There is a special ladle for making tiny boondis. if you have it you can use that. Else make regular boondi. After soaking in sugar syrup just grind half of the boondis into a coarse paste. Here in this delicious motichoor ladoo recipe I have added nuts instead of melon seeds. I added a bit more milk than required so my ladoos were very soft. be careful with the quantity of milk. Just sprinkle some milk while shaping the ladoos.
To make motichoor ladoo recipe use corase besan. Making sugar syrup with one string consistency is also important. These ladoos taste yummy and look cute too and makes for an excellent gift for diwali 2017. If you are looking for more easy diwali sweet recipes do check jalebi, jangri, badusha, gulab jamun recipes
Serve motichoor recipe as dessert or snack!
Motichoor ladoo recipe card below:
- For boondi:
- 1 cup gram flour/besan flour
- A pinch of orange food color
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of cardamom powder
- Water as required
- Oil to deep fry
- For sugar syrup:
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- few drops of rose essence
- Few drops of orange food color
- For garnishing the ladoos:
- ¼ cup chopped nuts or melon seeds
- Make a lump free, free flowing thick batter with the ingredients mentioned.
- Heat oil for deep frying. Make boondis with a perforated ladle.
- Drain excess oil and set aside.
- Make a sugar syrup with one string consistency with the ingredients mentioned.
- Add the prepared boondis and nuts.
- Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Once the mixture is warm to handle take half of the ladoo mixture in a mixer jar. Pulse once or twice.
- Mix with the remaining ladoo mixture. Make ladoos of desired size. Sprinkle 2-3 teaspoons milk if the mixture is dry.
- Serve motichoor ladoo warm or at room temperature as dessert.
How to make motichoor ladoo with step by step photos.
Make a lump free, free flowing thick batter with the ingredients mentioned.
Heat oil for deep frying. Make boondis with a perforated ladle.
Drain excess oil and set aside.
Make a sugar syrup with one string consistency with the ingredients mentioned.
Add the prepared boondis and nuts.
Let sit for 15 minutes.
Once the mixture is warm to handle take half of the ladoo mixture in a mixer jar. Pulse once or twice.
Mix with the remaining ladoo mixture. Make ladoos of desired size. Sprinkle 2-3 teaspoons milk if the mixture is dry.
Serve motichoor ladoo warm or at room temperature as dessert.