Paneer jalfrezi recipe with step by step photos. Sharing a very easy paneer recipe, a side dish recipe that goes very well with pulaos, rotis etc. Paneer jalfrezi is the best one to fill a kathi roll too. Jalfrezi is an Asian curry made with vegetables,meat etc. More about jalfrezi here
Paneer jalfrezi recipe I am sharing here today is a very easy to make with minimum grinding work. You just need to puree the tomatoes here, if you are in short of time you can even use ready made tomato puree. Apart from usual Indian spices, addition of vinegar and sugar is a specialty in jalfrezi recipes. I often make vegetable jalfrezi and if I have paneer in hand I just toss them towards end and make paneer jalfrezi,so easy 🙂
I have eaten paneer jalfrezi in few restaurants and often they will be laden with cream, however when I make at home I add loads of veggies and avoid cream to keep the flavors clean. Addition of paneer cubes adds enough richness to the jalfrezi recipe, there is absolutely no need for cream here.
To make paneer jalfrezi recipe, you can either cube the vegetables and paneer or slice them into wedges. I prefer slicing them long just like we get in restaurants. If you want to use this paneer jalfrezi for filling in kathi rolls, do slice the vegetables and paneer into wedges. I have added vegetables like baby corn, carrots, bell peppers. You can add any crunchy vegetable in this recipe.
Here is how to make paneer jalfresi recipe, do try out!
If you are looking for more easy paneer recipes do check kadai paneer, chilli paneer, paneer capsicum masala,paneer tawa masala
Paneer jalfrezi recipe with step by step photos.
1. Chop all the vegetables into long fingers. Slice the paneer into wedges. Set aside. Puree 2 large or 3-4 medium tomatoes.
2. Heat a kadai and add 3 teaspoons oil. Add cumin seeds and dried red chillies. let them splutter.
3. Add thinly sliced onions and saute well.
4. Add crushed ginger and saute well.
5. Add all the vegetables and saute in high flame for 4-5 minutes.
6. Add tomato puree and mix well.
7. Add salt, sugar, garam masala and coriander powder. Mix well and cook till the tomato puree is completely cooked and turns semi dry. Add vinegar and mix well.
8.Continue to cook in high flame for 5 more minutes.
9. Add the paneer slices and toss gently.
10. Add kauri methi and mix well. Serve paneer jalfrezi hot.
vegans can use firm tofu instead of paneer.
Paneer jalfrezi recipe card below:
Paneer Jalfrezi recipe
Paneer jalfrezi recipe, easy and quick spicy and tangy side dish with vegetables and paneer cubes!
Course: Side Dish
- 1 cup paneer cut into long stripes
- 1 green bell pepper sliced into long wedges
- 1 large carrot peeled and sliced into thin fingers
- 2 baby corn chopped into thin fingers
- 1 large onion sliced
- 2 large or 3-4 medium tomatoes pureed
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 dried red chilli
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons kasuri methi
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- Small piece of ginger crushed
- Cut the vegetables,onions and paneer.
- Heat oil in a kadai and temper with cumin seeds and red chilli
- Add thinly sliced onions and saute well
- Add crushed ginger and saute well
- Add the cut vegetables and saute i high flame for 4-5 minutes.
- Add tomato puree and mix well.
- Add salt, sugar, coriander powder, garam masala and mix well.
- Cook till the tomatoes are well cooked.
- Add vinegar and continue to cook
- Add paneer cubes and toss gently
- Garnish with crushed kasuri methi and serve paneer jalfrezi hot
Recipe Notes1. You can add 1 teaspoon lemon juice towards the end if you do not have vinegar.
2. Do not miss the sugar as it enhances the flavor and taste.