Paneer paratha recipe with step by step photos. sharing a very easy stuffed paneer paratha recipe. It is dhaba style rustic Indian flat bread stuffed with delicious cottage cheese filling. Paneer paratha is one among authenic punjabi recipes often made for breakfast.It is served with curd and pickle. Paneer is an excellent source of protein for toddlers and kids. It is comparatively low in fat too. This paner paratha recipe is my latest addition to favorite paneer recipes.
Recently I tasted this paneer paratha recipe in a Punjabi dhaba. I just loved the flavor,texture and taste of paneer filling in the paratha. Presentation of the paratha was beautiful too. Everything was served in earthen ware,so rustic and warm. Ever since I tasted it I wanted to prepare paneer paratha recipe at home,well I actually wanted to prepare the same dhaba style stuffed paneer paratha recipe. It was not at all difficult to reproduce the same taste. What I first thought was it might be difficult as the paneer may leave out loads of moisture but it was more easy than I thought. Just make sure is to crumble the paneer well and squeeze out all the moisture.
To make paneer paratha recipe we need very few ingredients. This is a no onion garlic paratha recipe. Homemade fresh paneer is the best to use in paneer paratha recipe. It is easy to crumble fresh paneer. Taste is also very good. The flavor of paneer paratha is from roasted cumin powder, coriander powder. Also there is crushed ginger. You can vary the flavorfing as per taste. Make sure to fry the paratha very well with butter. The edges should be well cooked and crispy.
Serve paneer paratha hot with curd, pickle or chole.
Here is how to make paneer paratha recipe with step by step photos.
Step by step paneer paratha recipe
1.Make a soft pliable dough with wheat flour,salt and water. Make 6 equal sized balls and let it rest for 30 minutes.
2. Grate or crumble the paneer very well. Add ginger-green chilli. Add spice powders and salt. Make 6 equal sized balls.
3.Take one dough ball and roll into a small circle. Keep one portion of filling in the middle of the rolled circle.Bring all the edges to the center and form a bag.
4.Now roll the pocket gently applying very little pressure into a thick paratha. Apply as much flour as required while rolling.
5.Cook the parathas from both side on a hot tava with oil/ghee.
6.Serve paneer paratha hot with pickle and a glass of butter milk.
Stuffed paneer paratha recipe card below:
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- For filling:
- 1 cup grated/crumbled paneer
- ½ teaspoon crushed ginger
- ½ teaspoon chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- ¼ teaspoon chaat/amchur powder
- 2 green chillies,chopped fine
- Ghee for frying parathas
- Make a soft pliable dough with wheat flour,salt and water. Make 6 equal sized balls(bigger than chpathi) and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Grate or crumble the paneer very well and take in a bowl. Add crushed giner,chopped green chillies and all the spice powders. Add salt and mix well. Make 6 equal sized balls a bit smaller than the chapathi dough balls.
- Take one dough ball and roll into a small circle. Keep one portion of filling in the middle of the rolled circle.Bring all the edges to the center and form a bag like as shown in the picture.
- Now roll the pocket gently applying very little pressure into a thick paratha. Apply as much flour as required while rolling.
- Cook the parathas from both side on a hot tava with oil/ghee.
- Serve paneer paratha hot with pickle and a glass of butter milk.
2.Do not apply too much pressure while rolling parathas.