Potato chickpeas salad recipe ,I wanted to share some healthy salad recipes for summer and today it is going to be this simple and easy salad with chickpeas and potatoes. Very tasty and light salad for hot summer days, you can make this salad with simple ingredients usually available in the pantry. I have kept the dressing of this salad very simple and light to enhance the taste of chickpeas and potatoes. I made this healthy chickpea salad recipe with the remaining chickpeas after making chole masala. You can even use kala channa in this recipe.This is a very simple salad recipe to put together if you have boiled chickpeas in hand. Apart from being tasty and healthy this salad also looks so good to look with bursting colors from potatoes,chickpeas and ripe tomatoes. There is as such no definite recipe for potato chickpeas salad, here I have added cubed tomatoes,thinly sliced onions, pepper powder, roasted cumin powder and ash of lemon juice. You can add any herbs and spices as per your taste and make different versions of potato chickpeas salad. You can for instance add a dash of chilli flakes,honey and salt to make it a continental style salad, you can add beaten curd to this to make a tasty raita. You can serve this salad either at room temperature or hot, I would not suggest serving this cold. You can keep all the ingredients ready and mix just before serving to prevent the salad from getting soggy. There is no step by step recipe of potato chickpeas salad as I had no intentions of blogging about this when I prepared, but after tasting I really felt I should blog the recipe here. Moreover the recipe is fairly simple too,just oil,peel and toss everything together 🙂 Here is how to make potato chickpeas salad recipe.
If you are looking for similar light summer recipes do check
Potato chickpeas salad recipe below:
- 1 large potato,boiled,peeled and cubed
- ¾ cup chickpeas,soaked,boiled and drained
- 1 small onion,thinly sliced
- 1 large tomato,cubed
- ½ teaspoon pepper powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- A pinch of chaat masala powder
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped cilantro leaves
- You can use boiled chickpeas if you have it handy,else soak chickpeas in plenty of water for 8 hours/overnight,drain and pressure cook until soft. Drain and set aside.
- Boil,peel and cube the potato
- Chop onion and tomato
- Take everything in a mixing bowl,add salt,cilantro leaves,chaat masala powder,cumin and pepper powder. Mix well
- Add lemon juice,toss well and serve potato chickpeas salad immediately.
2. You can add amchoor powder instead of lemon juice