Potato fry recipe or aloo fry recipe with step by step photos. Sharing an easy recipe for making crispy potato fry, side dish for variety rice like tomato rice, lemon rice, jeera pulao or to be served with rice and rasam. Sharing easy potato recipes is something I do every now and then up on requests. We can never have enough potato recipes, can we? 🙂
This potato fry recipe or aloo fry recipe is a breeze to make, it is a very crispy and spicy side dish that goes very well any south Indian sambar or rasam, but I personally like to serve aloo fry with tomato rice. Unlike many aloo fry recipes, this one needs very less oil. There are many variations in potato fry recipe and the one I am blogging today is quite spicy one with very basic ingredients. I have used typical south Indian spices like turmeric powder,asafoetida in this potato fry recipe.
All you need to make this potato fry are par boiled potatoes and few spice powders. Par boiled potatoes are peeled and cubed first. The cubed potatoes are tossed in flour spice mixture and then deep or shallow fried. Easiest recipe for potato fry!
Selection of correct potatoes plays a key role in making aloo fry. Use fresh new potatoes with thin skin for tasty fry. We often make similar crispy fry with okra, ivy gourd etc.
This is a vegan no onion garlic potato fry recipe that gets ready in 20 minutes!
If you are looking more easy potato recipes do check
Let us learn how to make potato fry or aloo fry with this easy recipe with step by step photos.
Step by step potato fry recipe or aloo fry recipe
1. To begin with potato fry recipe, par boil the potatoes and peel them. Now cut the potatoes into bite size cubes.
2. Take rice flour,corn flour,salt, asafoetida,turmeric powder and chilli powder in a mixing bowl.
3. Add the potato cubes in the bowl containing spice powder-flour mixture and toss well.
4. Heat oil in a shallow frying pan. Once the oil is hot,shallow fry the spice coated potato cubes until golden brown.
5. Remove the fried potatoes to a kitchen towel.
6. Serve aloo fry hot with variety rice tomato rice or rasam and steamed rice.
Potato fry recipe or aloo fry recipe details below:
- 2 large potatoes,par boiled,peeled and cubed.
- 3 tablespoons rice flour
- 3 tablespoons corn flour
- 1½ teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon asafoetida
- 3-4 tablespoons oil for shallow frying
- Par boil and peel the potatoes. Cut into bite size cubes.
- Take all the spice powders,rice flour and corn flour in a mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Toss the cubed potatoes.
- Heat oil for shallow frying.
- Add the potato cubes and shallow fry until golden brown.
- Remove and serve potato fry hot with rice and rasam
2. You can sprinkle some lemon juice after frying.
3. While frying do it in batches and do not over crowd the pan.