Healthy sprouts pulao recipe with step wise photos,today I am sharing a very healthy and easy sprouts pulao recipe that you can make within 30 minutes if you have sprouted beans in hand. I recently shared an easy method for sprouting beans at home and then I had few readers write to me asking for this easy sprouts pulao recipe. There are many methods for making sprouts pulao and I myself have 2-3 tried and tested recipes for the same. Here I am sharing a very simple sprouts pulao recipe that uses minimum spices letting the taste and flavor of sprouted mixed beans shine. Apart from sprouted mixed beans I have added just capsicum,tomatoes and onions in this recipe as I wanted to keep the recipe simple. You can even add any other vegetable of your choice,reducing the quantity of sprouts accordingly. The spices that go into this sprouts pulao recipe are just 3, turmeric powder,garam masla and coriander powder and you can easily change or alter the spices as per your taste. You can add pav bhaji masala or chole masala or even any biriyani masala instead of garam masala and play with spices here. This is a wholesome one pot meal recipe and you can serve this with a simple raita and chips for a complete healthy meal. It goes without saying this sprouts pulao recipe is very healthy toddler food and very suitable for kids lunch box too. Here I have uses mixed sprouts,you can use any one sprouted bean or 2-3 of your choice. You can also prepare a healthy sandwich with sprouted mixed beans.
If you are looking for similar healthy pulao recipes do check
Step by step sprouts pulao recipe
1. Wash and gently rinse the sprouted mixed beans. Pressure cook until completely cooked.
2. Pressure cook the rice and cool thoroughly. Fluff up the rice with a fork such that the grains remain separate.
3. Heat a heavy kadai and add 3-4 teaspoons oil. Add cumin seeds and let them crackle. Add crushed ginger,green chillies and saute well.
4. Add the chopped onions and saute till translucent.
5. Now add the tomatoes chopped and saute well. Add the finely chopped capsicums and saute for 3-4 minutes.
6. Now add the cooked beans sprouts,salt,garam masala,coriander powder. Mix and cook well till the raw smell of the masala powders go off.
7. Add the cooked rice and mix gently. Serve sprouts pulao hot with raita.
sprouts pulao recipe below:
- 1 cup basmati rice cooked and cooled
- 1 cup sprouted mixed beans cooked
- 1 medium onion chopped fine
- 1 large tomato chopped fine
- 1 small capsicum chopped fine
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- To temper:
- 2-3 teaspoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon peeled and crushed ginger
- 2-3 green chillies
- Pressure cook rice and sprouted mixed beans separately and set aside. Let the rice cool thoroughly.
- Heat a heavy wok or pan add 2-3 teaspoons oil to it. Once the oil is hot add the ingredients mentioned in "to temper" one by one and saute well.
- Add the chopped onions and saute well till it changes color slightly.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and saute well till it turns mushy.
- Add the capsicum and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the cooked sprouted mixed beans,garam masala,salt,coriander powder,turmeric powder and saute well till the raw smell goes off.
- Add the cooked rice,mix gently without breaking the rice and serve sprouts pulao hot.
2.You can add any gren leaves like mint,methi leaves along with capsicum to improve nutrition and taste