Thin crust veg pizza recipe-no this is not any pizza with ready made base or easy pizza with bread or chapathi. This thin crust veg pizza recipe is delicious and instant pizza recipe where the dough needs no resting time,probably just 10-15 minutes till you chop the veggies and grate the cheese. I found the recipe for thin crust veg pizza here in kitchn and was immediately hooked to it. This recipe is interesting in many ways,first this needs very less flour and since we roll it very thin,your flour intake is low :P, next there is no need for pizza sauce here,it is good if you have it handy else you can easily skip it and that is what i did,just a generous brushing of olive oil would do. Best thing about this easy pizza recipe is that the crust turns out very crispy and we loved it.The one big pizza I made was gone within minutes and given to the simplicity and speed of the recipe you can pizza whenever you crave,no need to wait 🙂. I would try this pizza recipe again with whole wheat flour next time.
Thank you so much for taking time and reading this post,it would be lovely to hear back from you,do drop in your thoughts through comments. If you find this post useful please share as good food is best shared. To receive regular updates please like our Facebook page and follow us through pintrest ,thank you
You might like to check
How to make thin crust veg pizza: step by step
1. Preheat the oven to 250C before you begin with the prep work. Add sugar to 1/4 cup lukewarm water and sprinkle yeast over and mix well. Wait for 5 minutes till the mixture turns slushy.
2. Add the flour,salt and dried herbs to this yeast water and mix well. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons water and knead to dough. The dough will be a bit sticky.
3. Keep the dough covered until you prepare the topping. I have used baby corn,sweet corn,tri colored bell peppers and tomatoes. Chop the veggies in equal bite size for eve baking. Grate the cheese.
4. Now take the dough and divide into 2 portions. Take one portion and keep on greased and dusted pizza plate. Roll it into a very thin circle,the thickness should be like chapathi. You can easily stretch the dough with hand. i did not use any rolling pin and I rolled it into 9″ circle.
5. Now you can spread a tablespoon or 2 of pizza sauce or brush the rolled dough. Spread some grated cheese,arrange the topping and spread the remaining cheese. Sprinkle chilli flakes and oregano all over.
6. Place the arranged pizza in the preheated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until the crust turns golden brown and crispy.
7. Serve thin crust veg pizza hot hot with more chilli flakes and spices.
- 1 cup all purpose flour/maida+ more for dusting
- ½ teaspoon active dry yeast
- ¼ cup+3 tablespoons water
- ⅛ teaspoon dried herbs
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- For assembling pizza
- 1 tablespoons olive oil/pizza sauce
- ½ cup grated cheese (mozzarella)
- Chopped baby corns,bell peppers,tomatoes and sweet corns
- Chilli flakes
- Take ¼ cup lukewarm water in a mixing bowl and add yeast and sugar to it. Mix well until the mixture turns slushy.
- Add flour and oil to it and mix well with a spoon. Add salt,dried herbs and mix well.
- Add the remaining water and knead to a dough. It is ok if the dough is sticky a bit. Keep the dough covered until we get the topping ready.
- Grate the cheese and set aside. Chop all the veggies in even size.
- Take the dough and divide into 2 portions. Take one portion and place on a greased and dusted pizza plate. Stretch or roll into a very thin circle.
- Apply some sauce or olive oil to the rolled dough and add some cheese. Arrange the veggies and add the remaining cheese.Sprinkle chilli flakes and oregano
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve thin crust veg pizza hot.
2. Bake at the maximum temperature in your oven.