White sauce pasta recipe with step by step photos. Pasta in white sauce recipe is a very easy to make, rich and delicious pasta preparation that we can indulge in once in a while. The white sauce pasta recipe I am blogging today was requested by a reader. After trying out my Indian style masala pasta recipe, she asked me how to make white sauce pasta recipe. It took me a while to try this white sauce pasta recipe and blog it here.
To make white sauce pasta recipe, you can make fresh white sauce as I did here or you can prepare the white sauce one day before and store. Just add the sauteed vegetables and boiled pasta while serving. The white sauce recipe used in this pasta does not contain cheese. I have not added any cheese here unlike my cheese corn toast recipe. This white sauce is so rich, creamy and smooth even without cheese and white sauce pasta turns out very rich tasty and creamy without any cheese. It turns out very close to Italian white sauce pasta recipe.
In this white sauce pasta recipe, I have added vegetables like different colored bell peppers, sweet corn kernels and carrots. You can even add onions, broccoli florets, baby corns and more. The key for making perfect white sauce pasta is making perfect white sauce. Make sure to do the whole preparation in low flame. Use boiled and cooled milk, after adding milk make sure that you keep stirring the sauce until it turns thick and smooth. If you want to add cheese in your white sauce recipe, add it towards the end and switch off the flame once you add the cheese.
Here is how to make white sauce pasta recipe, a delightful lunch/dinner that toddlers and kids will adore. You can use whole wheat pasta, but the flour used in white sauce cannot be replaced with wheat I guess. So it is better to eat this in moderation and once in a while.
White sauce pasta recipe with step by step photos:
1. To begin making white sauce pasta recipe start by cooking pasta. Bring plenty of water in a pot to boil. Add pasta along with a drop of oil and cook till done. Drain and reserve the stock. Set aside the boiled pasta.
2. Now to make white sauce, in a pan add 1/2 teaspoon butter. Add the chopped bell pepper, boiled sweet corns, peeled and chopped carrots and saute for few minutes. Remove to a plate.
3. In the same pan add 1 1/2 tablespoons butter and melt it.
4. Add 1 tablespoon madia/all purpose flour and whisk very well.
5. Add 1 1/4 cup boiled and cooled milk. Keep whisking in low flame.
6. The mixture will start to thicken. At this stage add chilli flakes, pepper powder, salt and oregano.
7. keep whisking till the white sauce further thickens and turns smooth.
8. Add the sauteed vegetables and mix well.
9. Add the boiled pasta to the prepared white sauce.
10. Mix well and add some more dried herbs if needed. Serve white sauce pasta hot.
White sauce pasta recipe card below:
- ¾ cup pasta ( I used penne)
- 1 small carrot, peeled and chopped fine
- ⅓ cup sweet corn kernels, boiled
- ½ green bell pepper, chopped fine
- ½ red bell pepper,chopped fine
- ½ tablespoon butter
- For white sauce
- 1½ tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon maida/ all purpose flour
- 1¼ cup milk, boiled and cooled
- ½ teaspoon pepper powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano or basil or thyme
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes
- Boil the pasta and set aside.
- Heat ½ tablespoon butter in a pan and saute the chopped vegetables. Remove to a plate.
- Add 1½ tablespoons butter in the same pan and add maida/flour. Whisk very well.
- Add boiled milk and mix well. Whisk very well in low flame to avoid lumps.
- Once the sauce starts to thicken, add salt, pepper powder, chilli flakes and dried herbs. Mix well.
- Cook further in low flame till the sauce thickens and turns smooth.
- Add sauteed veggies and mix well.
- Add boiled pasta and mix well.
- Serve white sauce pasta hot.
2. You can add 2 tablespoons grated cheese while preparing white sauce. Or you can serve the topped with grated cheese.
3. You can any dried herb or even mixed pasta spice instead of oregano.